TRAVEL AND TRANSPORT
Eden Festival is held just outside Moffat at the stunning Raehills Estate, St Ann’s it’s just over an hour’s drive from Glasgow and Edinburgh and only a 40 minute drive from Carlisle.
Eden is very easily accessible, only eight miles from the M74, north bound and south bound motorway traffic should exit at Moffat and follow AA signs to the festival site heading towards Dumfries along the A701.
Set your Sat Nav to – Eden Festival, St Ann’s, Lockerbie, DG11 1ET
Bus timetables – Dumfries and Galloway Council – website with regions transport links and timetables, the X74 is to/from Glasgow/Dumfries and 101 via St Ann’s is to/from Edinburgh/Dumfries. The stop is St Ann’s, but double check with the driver that they go past the Eden Festival site. Once you get to the bus stop please wait for the Eden shuttle bus to take you down to the ticket office.
Lockerbie (12miles) and Dumfries (15miles) are the nearest train stations to the festival.
FESTIVAL OPENING TIMES
TICKET OFFICE OPENING TIMES
The gates to the Eden Campsite swing open at 2pm on Thursday, 8th June and close again at 12pm on the Monday, 12th June.
Ticket office opening times are as follows;
Thursday 8th 2pm – 10pm
Friday 9th 10am – 10pm
Saturday 10th 10am – 10pm
Sunday 11th 10am – 6pm
Please do not arrive out with these times as you will not be able to enter the site!
CAMPING & ACCOMMODATION
There will be a few different kinds of camping at Eden:
General Camping, General Live in Vehicles
Family Camping, Family Live in Vehicles
For Health and safety reasons tents cannot be pitched next to vehicles, however do not worry the site is small so there is never too far to walk! All tickets include camping, however there is an additional vehicle charge; Cars £25, Campers/Caravans £35 under 6m, or £45 for over 6m
Red Kite Yurts will be bringing their fabulous yurts and bell tents to Eden’s beautiful Glamping field this year, along with the pamper palace where there will be mirrors, hair dryers and straighteners for you lovely lot!
Red Kite Yurts bring you the very best in luxury event and festival accommodation that is fun, comfy, affordable and green too – if you book a bedding package, they’ll even make your bed up for you! Click here to book tickets!
GENERAL SITE INFO
There will be a small tent on site to deal with the issues of lost children, lost property or any issues or queries that the festival goers or staff might have.
FIRST AID & WELFARE
The festival will provide experienced first aiders on site, accompanied by a full ambulance team – familiarise yourself with the location once you get on site! TTK welfare will also be on hand if you require somewhere quiet to rest, take a breather or just have a moment to yourself. They can help you if you are feeling unwell or lost. All are open 24 hours a day!
Security on site will be on hand to help not hinder your festival experience. Festival Stewards will also be liaising with the security. Look for the high vis butlers..!
There are accessible toilets on site and some hard cored paths, though most of the main arena will just be grass (albeit mostly flat and cut). Wheelchair users are recommended to camp in the Accessible Camping as there is a solid road leading to the festival arena. Accessible parking will be reserved at the closest point to the main arena and campsites (Badges/Cards must be shown). Free carer passes are available, give The Ticket Sellers a call direct and they will gladly help you – 0844 870 0000.
FOOD & DRINKS
There will be a mouth watering array of food on offer at this year’s Eden Festival, with many different cuisines on offer; from Italian to Mexican, Indian to Middle Eastern, and for those less adventurous don’t worry – there’s gourmet burgers and bacon butties to go round! There will be bars on site selling the finest in Scottish ales and ciders, as well as the Cocktail Bar for those looking for something a bit more fruity! Eden Festival promotes responsible drinking. There will be free tap water available on all of our bars and we urge punters to stay hydrated! In order to cut down on litter Eden Festival run a re-usable cup scheme – your first pint will cost an extra £2 but include your re-usable glass – perfect to take home as memorabilia!
There will be stalls to charge your phone, lockers to leave your valuables and a small corner shop open 18 hours a day in case you forget any essentials.
LOCAL INPUT & SUSTAINABILITY
The festival will, in large, be organised, managed, crafted, painted, sculpted, performed, arranged, benefited by the people of Dumfries and Galloway who offer a wealth of talent but rarely get a chance to exhibit it on a larger stage due to the lack of people, resources, money and activity in the area. We here at Eden firmly believe this festival will be a big driver in the promotion, skills and attributes of the local participants in the area and hope that the ripples produced from the festival can boost arts, performance, management, produce and skills within the area for years to come. By the people, for the people, and beyond…
AROUND THE SITE
Around the site you can find an array of weird and wonderful installations, sculptures, stone labyrinths, flags, cairns and other such interests, all designed, sourced out and created by local artists.
We would like all attendees to have the best and safest possible time while at Eden Festival and to respect your fellow festival go-ers and the beautiful site, for that reason we have a few site rules;
INDEPENDENT SOUND SYSTEMS
As Eden is a small family friendly festival with entertainment around the clock we are making a rule of no independent sound systems anywhere on the festival site including the campsites.
DOGS & OTHER PETS
For health and safety reasons we have to ask that dogs and other pets are not brought on site.
Fires are not allowed in the camp site. There will be controlled communal fires in the main arena for people to gather round for some warmth in the chillier hours, bring an instrument and join the campfire jam sessions!
For your own safety we have strict no glass rule in the festival arena so ladies and gentlemen, please decant any liquids into plastic bottles before entry. Security will be searching on entry.
Ticket holders are allowed to bring their own alcohol into the festival campsites, but not the main festival arena.
Challenge 25 operates on all gates as well as all bars. If you have purchased an adult ticket and are fortunate enough to look under the age of the 25, you will be required to provide ID that proves your age. If you cannot provide ID, you may be refused entry into the festival site. Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a ticket holding guardian who is over 21 years old.
Eden Festival is a family friendly event and has a zero drugs policy. Thorough searches will be carried out by security staff at the entrance to the festival. Any person refusing such a search will not be allowed entry to the festival.
Q. Can I buy day tickets?
A: Yes, day tickets are available from our website.
Q. How do I know when my favourite act is on?
A: We will release information about what day each act is playing nearer the time of the festival.
Q. How does the e-ticket system work?
A: Upon buying a ticket online, you should receive a confirmation text and email with a unique barcode. You must be able to provide this barcode, your name, email address and postcode. If you have bought tickets for other people, they will have to provide the same information – this means you can arrive at the gate at different times. Please keep your ticket information confidential, we’re not liable if someone else uses your ticket.
Q. I’ve lost my barcode, what do I do?
A: Follow this link to log into your account and view your ticket purchases: www.theticketsellers.co.uk/your_account
Q. How do I get help with buying more tickets?
A: Please phone our online ticket seller with your first ticket’s reference number which you should have received in an email. They can be reached on 08448700000. All under 18′s will not be allowed admission to the festival unless accompanied by an over 21 year old.
Q. What do the ticket tiers mean?
A: All tickets are the same through all tiers. It’s a system which means those who buy their tickets earlier will get more of a discount. There is a limit to the amount of tickets, so it’s best to buy sooner rather than later to get the best deal!
Q. When will the campsite and festival open?
A: The campsite will open at 2pm on Thursday 8th June with the main arena opening later at 7pm.
Q. Can I bring glass on site?
A: We do not permit the use of glass at the festival.
Q. Is there a limit to quantity of alcohol I can bring?
A: We promote responsible drinking and request you bring alcohol for personal use only. Attendees will not be permitted to bring their own alcohol into the festival arena but can consume it in the campsites.
Q. Where do I camp with a campervan/trailer tent/caravan/awning etc?
A: If your accommodation for the weekend is connected to your vehicle or on a trailer, we request that you book a space in the caravan and campervan parking area. The spaces are limited to please go to our Buy Tickets page to book a spot.
Q. Can we have a tent next to our campervan?
A: No. For safety reasons we don’t allow tents in the campervan parking area.
Q. Is there dedicated accessible camping/parking?
A: Yes; there is dedicated accessible parking located next to the accessible camping which is the closest camping to the festival arena. Please show your badge and stewards will guide you to the right place.
Q. Is the site accessible by wheelchair?
A: Mostly yes but with difficult areas: there is a hard standing path from the camping area to the festival gates but weather dependant, mobility over grass and/or mud both in the arena and campsite will be made more difficult.
Q. Are there lockers on-site?
A: Yes, we have secure lockers for rent on-site.
Q. Can I buy things with cash at the festival, or is it cas5hless?
A: All our bars are cashless apart from Rabbie’s Tavern. The ticket office and traders will take both card and cash payments.
Q. How do I apply to volunteer?
A: We really appreciate the help of all our volunteers and would be grateful if you applied via our Contact page.
Q. Do I have to pay the deposit for volunteering?
A: To volunteer at the festival a deposit equal to the ticket price is required. This is to ensure volunteers complete all their shifts and it will be refunded by bank transfer within 4 weeks of the festivals long as no shifts are missed or uncompleted. If you did not tick the box saying you could pay the deposit, you will still get the acceptance email but with an explanation that your place is not secured unless you do transfer the deposit…
Q. Can I bring my dog?
A: We don’t allow dogs or other pets to the festival unfortunately, please leave them safely at home or with someone.
Q. Can I light a fire?
A: We don’t allow open fires on site, please refrain from doing so!
Q. Do the bars and ticket office take card payments?
A: Yes all bars, ticket office and traders will take card payments but there is also a cash machine available on site for anyone who needs.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Upon booking your ticket(s) through our partner ticket agent, Ticketsellers, you are agreeing to these Terms and Conditions. You will be emailed a Booking Confirmation. This is NOT your ticket. E-tickets will be emailed in May.
1. Tickets cannot be exchanged, refunded, or returned after purchase. Lost tickets will not be replaced.
2. In order to facilitate the security, safety and comfort of all guests, the Organisers and Premises Licence Holder reserve the right to refuse admission or evict from site.
3. The Festival Line up is subject to change. .
4. We reserve the right to make alterations to the time, date, duration and venue of the festival in the event of unforeseen or other circumstances, including (but without limitation) Force Majeure, safety and security concerns or decisions from authorised persons or other competent authority. In the event of such alteration neither we or our official ticket agent will be liable to the Ticket Holder or any other person for any costs, expenses or other losses resulting from such alteration.
5. You may be required to consent to a person search and/or a search of your vehicle and your belongings. Anybody refusing a search will not be allowed entry to the festival.
6. Amnesty bins will be located near to the site entrance, this will give attendees the opportunity to dispose of any controlled substance prior to entering any search area.
7. Other prohibited items include; unauthorised sound systems, fireworks, explosives, smoke and gas canisters, air horns, flares, weapons, laser devices, drones and UAV’s, sky lanterns, and illegal drugs and New Psychoactive Substances (legal highs)
8. No animals permitted on site (except guide dogs).
9. No glass in the Main Arena
10. The festival will operate a “Challenge 25” system on the ticket gate and at bars to prevent underage drinking, please make sure you bring your I.D.
11. Campsite opens at 2pm on Thursday the 9th of June for standard weekend ticket holders.
12. Saturday/Sunday and Sunday only tickets will be available on the gate, but are subject to availability. Day ticket buyers can enter the site at 9am on the day of there ticket and can stay overnight until 12midday the following day.
13. Gates shut strictly for entry and re-entry at 11pm on Thursday 9th, 11pm on Friday 10th, 9pm on Saturday 11th and 6pm on Sunday 12th.
14. Ticket holders consent to inclusion in photographic, visual and audio promotions of the Festival.
15. No open fires are allowed at the Eden Festival. You may cook in the campsite using camping gas stove or BBQ’s.
16. No private generators are permitted.
17. All child ticket holders (12 and under) must be accompanied by a ticket holding parent or guardian who is over 21 years old.
18. Parking will be an additional charge of £15 per vehicle.
19. All teen ticket holders (13 – 17) must be accompanied by a ticket holding guardian who is over 21 years old.
20. ID’s will be checked on the gates and anyone under the age of 18 in possession of an adult ticket runs the risk of not being allowed access to the site.
21. Cars are not permitted in the Live in Vehicle field at the festival unless they are towing a caravan.
22. The Live in Vehicle field is only available to standard campervans, caravans and converted vans only.
23. Live in Vehicles will be charged at the following rates; £35 for campervans/caravans under 6m, £45 for campervans/caravans over 6m. There will be an additional £10 surcharge on tickets purchased from the box office at the gate.
24. Admission is at the ticket holder’s own risk. The organisers and Premises Licence Holder will not be held liable for any loss, injuries or damages sustained at the event including damage, theft or losses to property and motor vehicles, if the cause is due to the negligence of the ticket holder or the unforeseeable actions of other patrons or third parties.
25. Eden Festival is a music and arts festival; even though there is lots of great music it is less than ⅓ of what we produce for you. All tickets (except Music Only tickets) are 2 separate tickets in a single convenient purchase. Each purchase is buying one ticket for the music elements of the festival plus another ticket for the non-music elements of the festival. To be clear, by making this single purchase you are buying 2 separate tickets which give you complete access to all elements of the festival. You are paying £30 for the music elements of the event which require a PRS licence and the remaining balance of your payment is for the non-music elements of the festival, which do not require a PRS licence. Any Tier discount is applied only to non-musical elements. If you really want to buy a Music Only Ticket, see the Terms and Conditions here for Music Only Ticket Holders.
The website www.edenfestival.co.uk is operated by Galloway Community Group CIC, Registered Company number SC647930.
Safeguarding your privacy as a user of this website is important to us. Below we will set out what data we collect, how we manage it and how this may affect you. Please contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions or problems regarding this Privacy Statement or your Personal Data and we will be happy to assist you.
WHAT DATA WE COLLECT
If you are a member of our newsletter mailing list, we will collect and hold certain Personal Data about you when you register. The Personal Data collected by us will include your name and e-mail address. If you would like to unsubscribe to our mailing list you can email us at [email protected] or you can select to opt-out button on the mailout itself. We only use our mailing list to keep you updated with Eden Festival news and will never sell your email addresses to other companies.
You may give us your personal Data via the ‘Get Involved’ Page in order to volunteer or perform at the festival, this may be done via ‘Eventree’ which is embedded into the Website, Eventree have their own Privacy Statement you can read here.
We may automatically collect information about your visits to our Website, such as browsing patterns. This information is used to analyse, manage and develop the Website. Cookies are also used within the website to allow us to collect information about how you use the Website. Please see our Cookies Policy for more information.
Our ticket agents, TheTicketSellers collect personal data from you when you purchase tickets, we are given access to this data in order to contact you about information regarding the event as well as to help with the operational planning of the event, i.e. how many buses to organise from a certain city.
Cloudhouses Ltd are the festivals dedicated Glamping provider, personal data that you provide them when booking may be shared with us to allow for us to plan the correct infrastructure on site. Tuned in travel Ltd provide dedicated private coaches from across Scotland, again we may share your personal data with them in order to provide you the best possible service.
If you have given us your details on the ‘Get Involved’ page on the website, it may be the case that a trusted individual or group will be given your Personal Data for the purpose of which you have applied to the page only.
The Website may make available forums and message boards as well as links to Eden Festival social media platforms. Please remember that any Personal Data that you disclose in these areas of the Website becomes public information and you should think carefully before deciding to disclose any information on them.
We may use service providers to process data, develop and manage our website, host our website, and to help us understand how you use our website. We will only work with service providers that comply to all applicable privacy laws, the companies we work with: Eventree, The Ticket Sellers, Facebook, Google, Instagram, Mailchimp and Survey Monkey.
HOW DO WE PROTECT MEMBERS PERSONAL DATA?
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe and use safe protocols for communication and transferring data. We will only share your data for the purpose described in this Policy. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to notify authorities should any breaches occur.
In accord with relevant data protection legislation, we will not retain your information for longer than is necessary for the purposes listed above and to deal with any complaint or dispute you may have.
Under data protection legislation, you have the following rights with respect to your information;
– The right to be informed about the information we hold about you
– The right of access to the information we hold about you
– The right to have any errors rectified
– The right to withdraw consent (where consent is the basis of processing)
– The right to object to processing
Please contact us using the contact details above if you have any questions about the information we hold, how we use it or how to exercise these rights.
CHANGES TO THIS STATEMENT
This Privacy Statement is subject to change at any time. This Privacy Statement is part of the Website Terms and Conditions (the “Conditions”) and all defined terms shall have the same meaning as those in the Conditions. Changes last updated 28.11.20
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Information such as name, address or payment details are not stored by Cookies, but they do provide us with encrypted information to help improve your experience whilst on the website. We also use other “third party” cookies which may also set cookies during your visit to be used for retargeting purposes. The types of cookies used on our website are listed below:
– Cookie Name: Facebook Pixel. Purpose of Cookie: To track your journey to our website from Facebook & retarget adverts to you
– Cookie Name: Google Analytics Tag. Purpose of Cookie: To track your behaviour on the site
HOW TO CONTROL COOKIES
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time.