Eden Festival is held just outside Moffat on the stunning Raehills meadows, its just over an hours drive from Glasgow and Edinburgh and only a 40 minute drive from Carlisle.
Eden is very easily accessible, only eight miles from the M74, north bound and south bound motorway traffic should exit at Moffat and follow AA signs to the festival site heading towards Dumfries along the A701.
CATCH THE EDEN BUS
Eden Festival are chuffed to bits to be working with Tuned in Travel to provide the very best transport options which includes both coach and private hire options. Dedicated to being environmentally conscious, they pride themselves on offsetting 100% of our passengers carbon emission to help keep the party going forever! We are offering travel to and from both Glasgow & Edinburgh.
Click here to buy a bus ticket!
Dumfries and Galloway Bus Timetables – website with regions transport links and timetables, the X74 is to/from Glasgow/Dumfries and 101 via St Ann’s is to/from Edinburgh/Dumfries. The stop is St Ann’s, but double check with the driver that they go past the Eden Festival site. Once you get to the bus stop please wait for the Eden shuttle bus to take you down to the ticket office.
Lockerbie and Dumfries are the nearest train stations, For train bookings and timings visit; The Trainline or Red Spotted Hanky or National Rail
LOCAL TAXI NUMBERS
Alba Taxis 01387 259555
Burns Taxis 01387 250507
Cabs R us 01387 255050
Lochar cabs 01387 711811
Mcleans Taxis 01387 247474
Set your sat nav to DG11 1HQ, and we’ll see you there!
TICKET OFFICE OPENING TIMES
The gates to the Eden Campsite swing open at 2pm on Thursday, 11th June and close again at 12pm on the Monday, 15th June.
Ticket office opening times are as follows;
Thursday 11th 2pm - 11pm
Friday 12th 9am - 11pm
Saturday 13th 9am - 10pm
Sunday 14th 9am - 10pm
Please do not arrive outwith these times as you will not be able to enter the site!
FESTIVAL ARENA OPENING TIMES
Eden Festival is a four day festival with entertainment running from 7pm on Thursday until early Monday. We have to clear the main arena at midday on the Monday but camp sites will be open till 5pm to allow festival goers a chance to get packed up.
There will be a few different kinds of camping at Eden:
General Campervan and Caravans
Family Campervan and Caravans
It doesn't cost you extra to camp in Peaceful Camping but you need to book in advance on the 'buy tickets' page. You also need to sign up to the agreement that everyone in Peaceful Camping keeps. If you don't, we will ask you to move to another camping area.
Peaceful Camping Agreement
Peaceful Camping will be spotless when you arrive, please keep it this way when you leave and use the bins provided. - No camping equipment can be left, you must take everything you brought away with you. If you wish to donate your tent to charity you must bring it to the Eco Bond collection point.
- Be respectful to your neighbours, make friends and be helpful.
- Be peaceful and don't keep your neighbours up all night.
For Health and safety reasons tents cannot be pitched next to vehicles, however do not worry the site is small so there is never too far to walk! All tickets include camping, however there is an additional vehicle charge; Cars £15, Campers/Caravans £30 under 6m, or £35 for over 6m
We are delighted to tell you our friends at Cloudhouses will be bringing their fabulous yurts to Eden's beautiful Glamping field this year, along with the pamper palace where there will be mirrors, hair dryers and straighteners for you lovely lot!
Cloudhouses home of yurts and squrts bring you the very best in luxury event and festival accommodation that is fun, comfy, affordable and green too - if you book a bedding package, they'll even make your bed up for you! Click here for more info!
There will be a small tent on site to deal with the issues of lost children, lost property or any issues or queries that the festival goers or staff might have.
FIRST AID & WELFARE
The festival will provide experienced first aiders on site, accompanied by a full ambulance team - familiarise yourself with the location once you get on site! TTK welfare will also be on hand if you require somewhere quiet to rest, take a breather or just have a moment to yourself. They can help you if you are feeling unwell or lost. All are open 24 hours a day!
Security on site will be on hand to help not hinder your festival experience. Festival Stewards will also be liaising with the security. Look for the high vis butlers..!
There are disabled toilets on site and some hard cored paths, though most of the main arena will just be grass (albeit mostly flat and cut). Wheelchair users are recommended to camp in the Disable Camping as there is a solid road leading to the festival arena. Disabled parking will be reserved at the closest point to the main arena and campsites (Badges/Cards must be shown). Free carer passes are available, give the ticket sellers a call direct and they will gladly help you - 0844 870 0000.
FOOD & DRINKS
There will be a mouth watering array of food on offer at this years Eden Festival, with many different cuisines on offer; from Italian to Mexican, Indian to Middle Eastern, and for those less adventurous don't worry theres gourmet burgers and bacon butties to go round! There will be bars on site selling the finest in Scottish ales and ciders, as well as the Cocktail Bar for those looking for something a bit more fruity! Eden Festival promotes responsible drinking. There will be free tap water available on all of our bars and we urge punters to stay hydrated! Make sure to drink soft drinks between alcoholic drinks, have at least one large meal everyday and stay within your own limits, bearing in mind the safe limits are 2-3 units per day for women and 3-4 units per day for men (but not every day). For more information visit drinkaware In order to cut down on litter Eden Festival run a re-usable cup scheme - your first pint with cost an extra £2 but include your re-usable glass. Perfect to take home as memorabilia!
There will be stalls to charge your phone, lockers to leave your valuables and small corner shop open 18hours a day in case you forget any essentials. There will able free cash back available on our bars if you run out of cash.
We have set up our own team for on site waste management. Everything that can be recycled will be recycled, at source, and then taken to a centre for recycling. Bags will be issued for general waste and recyclable waste respectively and will be sorted out of eyesight. The various different recycling bins and waste bins will be placed all over the site and emptied on a regular basis - please help us by putting things in the right place! Regular site sweeps will also be carried out to make sure all waste is litter picked and does not become harmful to the festival go-er or the wildlife. Everyone will be issued a £5 refundable eco bond when they buy their ticket, when you arrive at Eden your wristband will have an added eco bond section, which you can exchange for a £5 at the end of the festival providing you bring us a full bag of litter!
The Festival is a festival for all the family. We will be providing activities for all ages and actively promoting participation through workshops, the kids tent, this year look out for treasure hunts, processions, crafts, obstacle courses & Eden Olympics, Helter Skelter, football and much much more. We will also be encouraging families through our pricing scheme - children between 5-12 will be charged £20, and under 5's go free of charge!
LOCAL INPUT & SUSTAINABILITY
The festival will, in large, be organised, managed, crafted, painted, sculpted, performed, arranged, maintained and benefited by the people of Dumfries and Galloway who offer a wealth of talent but rarely get a chance to exhibit it on a larger stage due to the lack of people, resources, money and activity in the area. We here at Eden firmly believe this festival will be a big driver in the promotion, skills and attributes of the local participants in the area and hope that the ripples produced from the festival can boost arts, performance, management, produce and skills within the area for years to come. By the people, for the people, and beyond...
AROUND THE SITE
Around the site you can find an array of weird and wonderful installations, sculptures, stone labyrinths, flags, cairns and other such interests, all designed, sourced out and created by local artists.
We would like all attendees to have the best and safest possible time while at Eden Festival and to respect your fellow festival go-ers and the beautiful site, for that reason we have a few site rules;
INDEPENDENT SOUND SYSTEMS
As Eden is a small family friendly festival with entertainment around the clock we are making a rule of no independent soundsystems anywhere on the festival site including the campsites.
DOGS & OTHER PETS
For health and safety reasons we have to ask that dogs and other pets are not brought on site.
Fires are not allowed in the camp site. There will be controlled communal fires in the main arena for people to gather round for some warmth in the chillier hours, bring an instrument and join the campfire jam sessions!
For your own safety we have strict no glass rule in the festival arena so ladies and gentlemen, please decant any liquids into plastic bottles before entry. Security will be searching on entry.
Challenge 25 operates on all gates as well as all bars. If you have purchased an adult ticket and are fortunate enough to look under the age of the 25, you will be required to provide ID that proves your age. If you cannot provide ID, you may be refused entry into the festival site.Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a ticket holding guardian who is over 21 years old.
DRUGS POLICY AT EDEN
Eden Festival is a family friendly event and has a zero drugs policy. Thorough searches will be carried out by security staff in conjunction with Police at the entrance to the festival. A drug detection dog may be positioned at the entrance to the festival. Any person refusing such a search will not be allowed entry to the festival. It is illegal to take, to buy or to sell drugs – the same rules apply at Eden Festival as they do anywhere else in the country. If you are found to be in possession of drugs Police Scotland will be notified. There may be covert police and security onsite who will take action as appropriate.
Experimenting with drugs can lead to adverse reactions and can lead to a very unpleasant experience – don’t risk spoiling your time at with us at Eden Festival. The environment of a festival can become very frightening and disorientating if you take drugs. If you do take drugs and you become frightened, ill or depressed, please ask a steward to direct you to one of the welfare team on site who can help and support you. The welfare team can give you more information on the effects of drugs and how you can find help and support for yourself or someone else affected by drug abuse. Eden Festival also has a zero tolerance to Nitrous Oxide (NOS) and Legal Highs. Any such substances found during searches will be confiscated. Anyone found dealing legal highs will be ejected from the festival immediately. More information from Police Scotland can be found here.
Upon booking your ticket(s) through our partner ticket agent, Ticketsellers, you are agreeing to these Terms and Conditions. You will be emailed a Booking Confirmation. This is NOT your ticket. E-tickets will be emailed in May.
1. Tickets cannot be exchanged, refunded, or returned after purchase. Lost tickets will not be replaced.
2. In order to facilitate the security, safety and comfort of all guests, the Organisers and Premises Licence Holder reserve the right to refuse admission or evict from site.
3. The Festival Line up is subject to change. .
4. We reserve the right to make alterations to the time, date, duration and venue of the festival in the event of unforeseen or other circumstances, including (but without limitation) Force Majeure, safety and security concerns or decisions from authorised persons or other competent authority. In the event of such alteration neither we or our official ticket agent will be liable to the Ticket Holder or any other person for any costs, expenses or other losses resulting from such alteration.
5. You may be required to consent to a person search and/or a search of your vehicle and your belongings. Anybody refusing a search will not be allowed entry to the festival.
6. Amnesty bins will be located near to the site entrance, this will give attendees the opportunity to dispose of any controlled substance prior to entering any search area.
7. Other prohibited items include; unauthorised sound systems, fireworks, explosives, smoke and gas canisters, air horns, flares, weapons, laser devices, drones and UAV's, sky lanterns, and illegal drugs and New Psychoactive Substances (legal highs)
8. No animals permitted on site (except guide dogs).
9. No glass on site.
10. The festival will operate a “Challenge 25” system on the ticket gate and at bars to prevent underage drinking, please make sure you bring your I.D.
11. Campsite opens at 2pm on Thursday the 11th of June for standard weekend ticket holders.
12. Saturday/Sunday and Sunday only tickets will be available on the gate, but are subject to availability. Day ticket buyers can enter the site at 9am on the day of there ticket and can stay overnight until 12midday the following day.
13. Gates shut strictly for entry and re-entry at 11pm on Thursday 11th, 11pm on Friday 12th, 9pm on Saturday 13th and 6pm on Sunday 14th.
14. Ticket holders consent to inclusion in photographic, visual and audio promotions of the Festival.
15. No open fires are allowed at the Eden Festival. You may cook in the campsite using camping gas stove or BBQ’s.
16. No private generators are permitted.
17. All child ticket holders (12 and under) must be accompanied by a ticket holding parent or guardian who is over 21 years old.
18. Parking will be an additional charge of £15 per vehicle.
19. All teen ticket holders (13 – 17) must be accompanied by a ticket holding guardian who is over 21 years old.
20. ID’s will be checked on the gates and anyone under the age of 18 in possession of an adult ticket runs the risk of not being allowed access to the site.
21. Cars are not permitted in the Live in Vehicle field at the festival unless they are towing a caravan.
22. The Live in Vehicle field is only available to standard campervans, caravans and converted vans only.
23. Live in Vehicles will be charged at the following rates; £30 for campervans/caravans under 6m, £35 for campervans/caravans over 6m.
24. Admission is at the ticket holder's own risk. The organisers and Premises Licence Holder will not be held liable for any loss, injuries or damages sustained at the event including damage, theft or losses to property and motor vehicles, if the cause is due to the negligence of the ticket holder or the unforeseeable actions of other patrons or third parties.
25. Eden Festival is a music and arts festival; even though there is lots of great music it is less than ⅓ of what we produce for you. All tickets (except Music Only tickets) are 2 separate tickets in a single convenient purchase. Each purchase is buying one ticket for the music elements of the festival plus another ticket for the non-music elements of the festival. To be clear, by making this single purchase you are buying 2 separate tickets which give you complete access to all elements of the festival. You are paying £30 for the music elements of the event which require a PRS licence and the remaining balance of your payment is for the non-music elements of the festival, which do not require a PRS licence. Any Tier discount is applied only to non-musical elements. If you really want to buy a Music Only Ticket, see the Terms and Conditions here for Music Only Ticket Holders , as they differ enormously and will work out as a more expensive, convoluted experience.
Q. Can I buy day tickets?
A: There will be day tickets available on the gate only. These are subject to availability, it is likely the festival will sell out.
Q. How does the e-ticket system work?
A: Upon buying a ticket online, you should receive a confirmation text and email with a unique pin code. You must be able to provide this pin code, your name, email address and postcode. If you have bought tickets for other people, they will have to provide the same information – this means you can arrive at the gate at different times. Please keep your ticket information confidential, we're not liable if someone else uses your ticket.
Q. I've lost my pin code, what do I do?
A: Follow this link to log into your account and view your ticket purchases: www.theticketsellers.co.uk/your_account
Q. How do I get help with buying more tickets?
A: Please phone our online ticket seller with your first ticket's reference number which you should have received in an email. They can be reached on 08448700000. All under 18′s will not be allowed admission to the festival unless accompanied by an over 21 year old.
Q. What to the ticket tiers mean?
A: All tickets are the same through all tiers. Its a system which means those who buy their tickets earlier will get more of a discount. Their is a limit to the amount of tickets, so its best to buy sooner rather than later to get the best deal!
Q. When will the campsite and festival open?
A: The campsite will open at 2pm on Thursday 6th June with the main arena opening later at 8pm.
Q. Can I bring glass on site?
A: We do not permit the use of glass at the festival.
Q. Is there a limit to quantity of alcohol I can bring?
A: We promote responsible drinking and request you bring alcohol for personal use only.
Q. Where do I camp with a campervan/trailer tent/caravan/awning etc?
A: If your accommodation for the weekend is connected to your vehicle or on a trailer, we request that you book a space in the caravan and campervan parking area. The spaces are limited to please go to our Buy Tickets page to book a spot.
Q. Can we have a tent next to our campervan?
A: No. For safety reasons we don't allow tents in the campervan parking area.
Q. Is there dedicated disabled camping/parking?
A: Yes; there is dedicated disabled parking. Please show your badge and stewards will guide you to the right place. There is disabled camping situated very near to the festival arena.
Q. Is the site accessible by wheelchair?
A: Mostly yes but with difficult areas: there is a hard standing path from the camping area to the festival gates but weather dependant, mobility over grass and/or mud both in the arena and campsite will be made more difficult.
Q. Is there a cash machine on-site?
A: Yes, there will be a cash machine on-site.
Q. Are there lockers on-site?
A: Yes, we have secure lockers for rent on-site.
Q. How do I apply to volunteer?
A: We really appreciate the help of all our volunteers and would be grateful if you applied via our Get Involved page
Q. Do I have to pay the deposit for volunteering?
A: To volunteer at the festival a deposit equal to the ticket price is required. This is to ensure volunteers complete all their shifts and it will be refunded by bank transfer after the festival as long as no shifts are missed or uncompleted. If you did not tick the box saying you could pay the deposit, you will still get the acceptance email but with an explanation that your place is not secured unless you do transfer the deposit...
Q. When will I receive my deposit back?
To receive the deposit refund, volunteers must complete all their allotted shifts in a fit state for work. After the festival they must email their bank details through to the volunteer contact email and will receive their deposit in the bank shortly after. We will be onsite doing the pack down for at least a week after the festival so deposits will start to be refunded after that.
Q. Can I bring my dog?
A: We don't allow dogs or other pets to the festival unfortunately, please leave them safely at home or with someone.
Q. Can I light a fire?
A: We don't allow open fires on site, please refrain from doing so!
Q. How do I know when my favourite act is on?
A: We do not release stage times until the weekend so please buy a program on arrival. These guides feature timetables of all performances and shows as well as useful information.